Gamer Update
  • Home
  • About us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, Aug 30, 2025
Gamer UpdateGamer Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • About us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Search
  • Home
  • About us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Follow US
- Advertisement -
Ad image
Main

Square Enix shutters two ten-year-old mobile games

Author
Last updated: 27.08.2025 22:36
Author
Share
SHARE

Square Enix has shut down Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Dragon Quest of the Stars in Japan.

Both were released in 2015 and will hit their ten-year anniversaries on October 22 and October 15, respectively. However, both will be sunsetted as of noon (presumably Japan Standard Time) on Friday, October 31.

In two statements (thanks, PocketGamer) posted to the official social media accounts of each game, Square Enix “sincerely thanked” everyone who has “played with us for such a long time.”

After stating the “management team sincerely apologize[d] to our loyal customers for this sudden announcement,” Square Enix then told Dragon Quest of the Stars players: “Since launching on Thursday, October 15, 2015, we have worked hard every day to provide better service, but we have come to the conclusion that it will be difficult to provide a service that satisfies our customers going forward, and have therefore decided to terminate service.”

In-app purchases for both mobile games have been suspended.

Square Enix recently released its financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2025, reporting declines across its net sales and profit compared to the same period last year. There was a 25% decline in revenue in its Digital Entertainment section – which includes its video game business – due to new titles generating lower sales.

You Might Also Like

Humble Choice’s August line-up includes renowned RPGs and “adorable” adventures

Oblivion Remastered revisited: profound problems have yet to be addressed

Why Snake Eater is a perfect example of the tension between the real and the unreal that’s at the core of every Metal Gear Solid game

Venture capital firm Kameha Ventures launches $27m fund to support European game start-ups

Xbox mobile game store launch “stymied” by Apple, says Microsoft

Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Contact us

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Main

Former EA exec Adolf Kristjansson appointed Starbreeze CEO

2 Min Read
Main

Today in video games – 18th August: Gamescom week and the games you’re looking forward to in September

1 Min Read
Main

A few hours into The Rogue Prince of Persia’s 1.0 release, it’s Dead Cells with beautifully balletic carnage – but hopefully there’s a bit more to it

6 Min Read
Main

2.2 million people applied to pre-order a Switch 2 in Japan alone, says Nintendo

2 Min Read
  • Home
  • About us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2025 Gamer Update. All rights reserved.

Gamer Update
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?